Into the Womb -Born Again-
“I want to be reborn.”
In this demonstration, people can observe the fetus and the inside of the womb through an HMD and feel like returning to the fetus stage. In order to get closer to the feeling of being in the mother’s womb, people are wrapped in cloth using the Japanese method called “Otona-Maki”.
In this method, people adopt a crouched posture and bend their limbs in the cloth, and they are confined in the narrow space surrounded by a warm and soft material that resembles the womb.
In the future, we want to apply this work to the field of medical engineering as a device that provides relaxation for people with panic symptoms and reduces their tension. I believe that this work can provide relaxation by wrapping people in warmth, just like receiving affection from a mother and let their panic condition subside.
- Shoko Kimura (JAIST: Japan Advanced Institute of Science and Technology)
- Ayaka Fujii (The University of Tokyo)
- Rihito Tsuboi (Meiji University)
- Kazuki Asakura (Tokyo Institute of Technology)
- Kenichi Ito (The University of Tokyo)
- Kazunori Miyata (JAIST: Japan Advanced Institute of Science and Technology)